summer palace

Filmpje:
http://www.tripfilms.com/Travel_Video-v64702-Beijing-The_Summer_Palace-Video.html

summer_palace_map.jpg

Restaurant naast Summer Palace:

Zhajiang Noodle King
Hong Qiao Man Branch
29 Chong Wai Street, Chong Wen District
Beijing

zie ook: www.foodnut.com met foto's van restaurant, menu én schotels

Route hotel – Summer Palace:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39.9893531799316,116.354049682617&q=USTB+Beijing&spn=0.015205,0.038624&t=h&z=16&lci=com.panoramio.all,com.youtube.all,org.wikipedia.en,transit

The Tower of the Buddhist Incense:
The Tower of the Buddhist Incense is on the hillside of central Longevity Hill. Built on a 21-meter square base, the tower is an octagonal structure with three stories and quadruple eaves. The tower is 41 meters in height, and is buttressed by 8 solid pillars made of lignumvitae wood. The complicatedly- structured tower is a masterpiece of classical buildings. The original tower was burnt down by the Anglo-French Allied Forces in 1860. Reconstruction began in 1891 (the 17th year of Emperor Guangxu's reign in the Qing Dynasty) and didn't complete till 1894. A total of 780,000 liang of silver was spent on the project, which was the biggest one in the Summer Palace. The image of Amita Buddha is enshrined in the tower and the royal family members would worship the Buddha and burn incense here.

c39a900e88bd239e5398eb522c990961.jpg

Marble boat:
Also known as Qingyan Boat, it is 36 meters long and made of huge marble slabs. When first built in 1755 it was a two-storied boat in the Chinese style, but it was destroyed by the British and French allied forces in 1860. In 1893 it was redone as a western-style pleasure boat by adding stone wheels.

b04ae507326b4d11278065c7a9866e53.jpg

The long Corridor:
At the southern foot of the Longevity Hill, facing Kunming Lake, the Long Corridor starts from the Yaoyue Gate (Gate for Greeting the Moon) in the east and ends at the Shizhang Pavilion in the west, covering a distance of 728 meters with a total of 273 sections. It is the longest covered corridor of all in landscape gardens across China. In 1992, it was ranked as the longest corridor in the world and made into "the Guinness Book of Records".

225013206b69e0c6ea688abc9e7f2afd.jpg

Each of the beams is decorated with colored paintings. There are a total of over 14,000 paintings, depicting landscapes, flowers, birds, insects, fishes and personality stories etc. The figure paintings are all based on famous Chinese classical novels.

5cb0bbf5b67d76c46d3345758faae77e.jpg

The Great Stage:
Built in 1891, it is 21 meters high and consists of three levels. The stage at the lowest level is 17 meters wide. Opera may be performed simultaneously on all three levels of the stage.

40c200b36a38c373bc2df59c1d66b52c.jpg

Suzhou Street:
Also known as Business Street, it is located on both sides of the Back Stream at the northern foot of Longevity Hill. This is a commercial street built by Emperor Qian Long for his mother's birthday, and is modeled on the streets in the region of rivers and lakes in south China. The street was burned down in 1862 by the British and French allied forces and rebuilt in 1989. Suzhou Street is over 200 meters long and is lined by more than 60 shops such as old-style private banks, wine shops, teahouses, shoe shops, etc.

91d80e40f948ce09668957a6f7322ec8.jpg

Sidabuzhou (The Four Great Regions):
A large complex of religious buildings on the north slope of Longevity Hill, they were built by Emperor Qian Long imitating the structure of Tibetan-style temples. The buildings include the Terrace of the Sun, Terrace of the Moon. Four Great Regions, and Eight Small Regions.

5ef3c0454d2c6ca4d606514b89b3fd5f.jpg
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License